Send As SMS

Friday, May 05, 2006

 

It's Me...again!

Woohoo it’s Friday. Your blog host for today is Amy. I know you’ve all been waiting for when I will appear again….so without further ado here goes.

First off my back is much better today. My tongue however is still messed up. My taste buds are out of control though it hasn’t stopped me from eating. The taste buds are swollen but don’t hurt and I have to think a lot about if something will taste good to me. Weird I know but it’s an issue right now. The doctor thought it might be a yeast infection and had me push the yogurt but that hasn’t helped. I figure that I can just deal with it.

I am so glad that I didn’t have to go to Madison this week at all. I have stayed fairly close to home venturing out to take and get kids from school or an activity or two that they might have. I also have been doing some much needed cleaning around here. I want the house to be in ship shape order before I have my surgery so I have been working hard to get that done.

I have a list of things to do this weekend that involves all of the family. Yard work is one of them. I have new flowers to plant. They are all purple of course it being my favorite color and the color for pancreatic cancer. I am enjoying how are yard looks and seeing what kinds of flowers I have already. We have to dig out the garden as well we have some seeds bought and a few more to get. Each of the older two kids have projects that they are working on as well so we will spend some time doing that too.

The one thing I told myself I was going to do during this month was work on my scrap booking but I can’t seem to find the motivation for that. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get me motivated I would love to hear it. I know that once I get started that it will be something I will want to do all the time, I just need to get motivated.

So back to why Vince has chosen to do this blog and why I add my two cents worth every once in awhile. For Vince I think it’s his therapy. For me I’m not much of a journaler so I think I just do it when I feel that you might want to hear from me. Then again maybe some of you don’t…too bad though cause you’re stuck with me. The one thing I have learned through all of this is to be able to say NO to some things. I know my limitations and what I can and can’t handle. I really have to look at something and not think how it will affect me then but how it will affect me later. Do I want to be wiped out for the rest of my day or do I want to save myself the trouble of being exhausted later. I have given up teaching the rest of the year because of doctor’s orders, I’ve given up being on two parent groups through the schools. I’ve resigned myself to not being able to go on field trips this year with Vinny. I’ve always gone on field trips with the kids that one was especially hard to say no to. There are some things that I’ve said yes to and have regretted later on because it wiped me out more than I thought. So please forgive me if I tell you no, it’s not about you and it’s not personal…It’s about me and my limitations

This is my story as experienced and told by me - A

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?