Send As SMS

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

 

February 4th - Mark Your Calendars!

I haven’t written in a couple of days. Partially because I’ve been busy with family and doing things with the kids, but also because I just didn’t have anything to say. My family came up here and we celebrated our Christmas on the 31st. I think everyone had a good time, but I was all wrapped up in prepping and cooking and then before you know it…it was over. We had a nice breakfast with my sister Donna, her husband Dave and their daughter Rose on New Years morning and then after that, they too headed home to Iowa. That afternoon, the kids and I went to the movies.
I’m starting to wonder where I fit in, all of the friends we did anything with are all married (only natural since so was I two months ago). Don’t take me wrong, I’m not sitting here lamenting the fact, but I really am struggling with the ‘Ok, now what?’ questions I feel.

Well, before you know it, February 4th will be upon us. Other than being Super Bowl Sunday, do you know what else will be going on that day? The afternoon (12:00pm to 4:00pm) has been set aside by the ‘Friends and Family of Amy Howard’ to raise funds for Amy’s significant medical bills. A ‘tailgate’ lunch and silent auction will be held for the general public at the Baraboo Arts Center. As an example of what will be available for bid, there will be sports prints, sports memorabilia (this might be Brett’s last year!) and Resort stays just to mention a few of the items. The cost of the lunch is yet to be determined. Amy absolutely loved her sports and I thought it was only fitting to have a tailgate in her honor! Please mark your calendars and make sure you drop by for the food and stay for the auction! We’ve made sure that we will finish before the game is on so everyone can make it home to watch!

Dear Heavenly Father,
You are the One who grants peace to restless souls and Father, I have tried to find rest for my troubled soul; but I have discovered that all is futile on my own. You have promised to grant rest to troubled and sorrowful souls and you are the Only One who can calm the storm that tosses the boat of my life. Father, help me to entrust my tomorrow into Your hands and my yesterday into your grace. While I know that there is no situation that is beyond Your power to solve and set right, I also know you are sovereign and will do what is best in and for my life.

Thank You Lord for hearing my prayer and I ask that You pour Your peace into my heart, You have promised that You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You. I thank You for allowing my heart to find rest in You. In Jesus' name, Amen.

For the love of Amy - V

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?